This mix was inspired by my recent trip to Kauai, and the dramatic Napali Coastline. As you leave the lush-green tropics by air, you descend into the Waimea Canyon, before hitting the coastline and witnessing these angular cliffs that rise 4000ft above the Pacific Ocean.
Flying over these monumental land-forms, was a truly unforgettable experience.
The mix features old and new music, and includes a sneak-preview of a track from the next ASIP release by Arovane and Hior Chronik (listen to two tracks from the album in our interview with Arovane and Hior here)
01. Horizontal Excursions - Into The Mariana Trench (Horizontal Excursions)
02. Arovane & Hior Chronik - A Winterday (Forthcoming / A Strangely Isolated Place)
03. Seraphim Rytm - Nastir Sina (Silent Season)
04. Peter Van Hoesen - Heliotrope (Mindgames)
05. Scuba - Drift (Hotflush)
06. Sebastian Mullaert & Eitan Reiter - Ash Layla (Mule Musiq)
07. Holger Zilske - A Preciso Acreditar (John Tejada Remix) (Acid Test)
08. Luigi Tozzi - Jormungandr (Hypnus)
09. Donato Dozzy - Fazah (Dozzy Records)
10. HTRK - Give It Up (Ghostly)
11. Donato Dozzy - Vaporware 07 (Spectrum Spools)
12. Aphex Twin - 101 Rainbows (Ambient mix) (Rephlex)
13. Donnacha Costello - Dry Retch (Mille Plateaux)